Welcome to Alex's Homepage
- 2012 - Present: Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA, USA.
- 2013: Visiting Researcher, MITRE Corporation, Bedford, MA, USA.
- 2007 - 2012: Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA, USA.
- 2005 - 2007: Assistant Research Professor, Information and Telecommunication Technology Center, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA.
- 2005: Research Associate, Agile All-Photonic Networks Research Network, Montreal, Canada.
- 2005: Research Associate, Centre for Advanced Systems and Technologies in Communications, Montreal, Canada.
- 2003: Faculty Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
- McGill University, Electrical Engineering, Ph.D., 2005.
- Queen's University at Kingston, Electrical Engineering, M.Sc.(Eng.), 2000.
- McGill University, Electrical Engineering, B.Eng., 1999.
My research interests are in wireless communications, specializing in cognitive and software-defined radio, communication systems engineering, wireless spectrum and dynamic spectrum access, cyber-physical systems, cognitive radio and electro-magnetic spectrum security, satellite communications, vehicular communications, next-generation wireless networks (e.g., LTE-A), and wireless system optimization and adaptation.
I am a Senior Member of the IEEE, as well as a member of the ASEE, Sigma Xi, and Eta Kappa Nu.
I am currently being sponsored or have been sponsored by the following organizations:
If you are a company or a government organization that is faced with a challenging technical problem in the wireless domain, please contact me at email@example.com such that we can discuss how I can help you.
For more information about my research activities, please visit the Wireless Innovation Laboratory website.
During my career at WPI, I have taught the following courses:
- ECE4304: Communication Systems Engineering
- ECE4305: Software Defined Radio Systems and Analysis
- ECE502: Analysis of Probabilistic Signals and Systems
- ECE503: Digital Signal Processing
- ECE5312: Modern Digital Communications
Additionally, I have taught short courses and presented tutorials around the world across a wide range of topics for both industrial and academic audiences. I have also put together online courseware for specific topics.
Finally, I am actively involved in advising several undergraduate student projects here at WPI every year. For more information about these student projects and the resulting final project reports, please visit the Wireless Innovation Laboratory website.
I have published the following two books:
For more information about my publications, please visit the Wireless Innovation Laboratory website.
Selected Professional Service
- Chair, IEEE Vehicular Technology Society Chapters Committee, 2014-Present
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Communications, 2014-Present.
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2012-Present.
- Technical Editor, IEEE Communications Magazine, 2011-Present.
- Speaker, IEEE Vehicular Technology Society Distiguished Lecturer Program, 2012-Present
- General Co-Chair, 82nd IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Boston, MA, USA.
- General Co_Chair, 2013 IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference, Boston, MA, USA.
- TPC Co-Chair, 78th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- TPC Co-Chair, CROWNCOM 2007, Orlando, FL, USA.
- Symposium Co-Chair, IEEE ICC 2015 - Cognitive Radio Networks, London, England.
- Symposium Co-Chair, IEEE Globecom 2011 - Cognitive Radio Networks, Houston, TX, USA.
- Co-Chair, IEEE CNS 2014 - Cognitive Radio and Electromagnetic Spectrum Security (CRESS) Workshop, San Francisco, CA, USA.
In my spare time, I enjoy hiking, running, learning the art of being an amateur radio operator (KB1WPB), reading anything about history and architecture, traveling around the world, and trying to shorten my
of home improvements. I am married to the most amazing woman, Jen, and we are the proud owners of our tripod dog rescue, Captain.
Professor Alexander M. Wyglinski
Department of Electrical \& Computer Engineering
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
Last modified on 18 August 2014 by Alexander M. Wyglinski (firstname.lastname@example.org).